By midafternoon, shares had fallen 3.9% to $68.82.
In the three months to Feb. 28, the payment network recorded revenues 7% higher to $616.5 million and net income of 96 cents a share.
The results beat by a penny on the bottom-line but missed by $1.99 million, according to analyst averages compiled by Thomson Reuters.Over the full year to May, the company expects revenue between $2.51 billion and $2.56 billion and net income of $4.06 to $4.11 a share. Analysts forecast $3.54 billion in sales and $4.10 a share in net income. GAAP net income guidance between $3.48 and $3.53 a share fell short of analyst estimates for $3.61 a share. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GLOBAL PAYMENTS INC (GPN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GPN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV