3 Stocks Dragging The Drugs Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Biogen Idec ( BIIB) is down $11.27 (-3.7%) to $290.59 on heavy volume. Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $286.36-$305.48 after having opened the day at $303.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $301.86. Biogen Idec Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia, and autoimmune disorders in the United States and internationally. Biogen Idec has a market cap of $73.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 8.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Biogen Idec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Biogen Idec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts