3 Stocks Raising The Consumer Goods Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, Lorillard ( LO) is up $1.11 (2.1%) to $53.45 on light volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Lorillard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.84-$53.75 after having opened the day at $52.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.34. Lorillard, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Cigarettes and Electronic Cigarettes. Lorillard has a market cap of $19.5 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. Shares are up 3.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 2 analysts who rate Lorillard a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Lorillard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Lorillard Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts