I recently highlighted the massive gains made from Microsoft (MSFT) in Microsoft Hits 52-Week High, Set to Crush $50. Investors who bought when I suggested the software maker about a year ago are enjoying a 50% return while collecting dividends every quarter. I also suggested Corning (GLW) and it's also up about 50% in the last six months.
I still love Microsoft and Corning. If you own either or both, stay the course because I can't think of a reason to exit. I do want to share two companies I follow and are once again on my radar as long-term, dividend-income plays.
Price To Book: 2.2
Forward Estimated Earnings Payout Percentage: 48%
California-based Intel (INTC) designs, manufactures and sells integrated digital technology platforms worldwide. The company isn't always in favor and that's an advantage for investors who want dividend income and have a chance to write covered calls. If you want my exact trade recommendation, be sure to take a look at my Real Money Pro post.
Intel has gained about 35% since I declared it a "buy and forget" stock.
I'm asked about Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) often when discussing Intel. While I won't short it, I've never been able to make the case that it's worth buying. It's a great company with incredible potential, but that's the problem.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV