NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Youku Tudou Inc. (YOKU) is down 6.84% to $25.61 as it continues to fall after news the China-base online television company's TV drama viewership for the first quarter fell significantly.
A report from T.H Capital analysts shows Youku's average daily viewers for the period between Jan. 1, 2014 and March 25, 2014 were 25 million, down from 56 million in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The firm also believes daily views for Youku's in-house professional content did not see a significant growth of 41.3 million from 35.4 million.
Youku is still struggling to buy the rights of numerous popular Chinese TV dramas as it continues to compete against other online TV streaming platforms such as Baidu
(SOHU) and Tencent
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- YOKU has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.33, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YOUKU TUDOU INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YOUKU TUDOU INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.85%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.31% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YOKU Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts