Aetrium made the purchase for $5 million in cash and a $5.5 million six-month promissory note made by a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aetrium. The deal also includes the assumption and payoff of approximately $1.4 million in debt, along with other liabilities tied to the purchased assets.
The South Paris, Maine-based KBS manufacturers and sells modular housing units.
"Aetrium is excited to expand its operations through the acquisition of KBS, which we believe will generate long-term value for our shareholders," said Aetrium Chairman Jeffrey E. Eberwein in a statement.The stock was up 54.31% to $6.64 at 12:08 p.m. on Friday. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV