New Lifetime High For Stryker Corporation (SYK)
- SYK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $138.2 million.
- SYK has traded 17,074 shares today.
- SYK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYK: Stryker Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a medical technology company. The company operates in three segments: Reconstructive, MedSurg, and Neurotechnology and Spine. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. SYK has a PE ratio of 31.0. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Stryker Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Stryker Corporation has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Stryker has a market cap of $31.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.91 and a short float of 2% with 3.62 days to cover. Shares are up 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Stryker Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SYK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SYK has a quick ratio of 2.07, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 43.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $270.00 million to $386.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $672.00 million or 12.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STRYKER CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.80%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Stryker Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts