Glamping: Wilderness Adventures, Minus the Wild
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you're the type who enjoys the great outdoors but doesn't relish the idea of rolling out a sleeping bag and having no access to indoor plumbing, consider "glamping," or glamour camping. You can sleep in a tent, yurt or cottage and still have all the conveniences of a modern hotel.
Glamping options range from the very basic to the ultra-luxurious. You can sleep in tents and yurts with just a bed and a fan, or you can go for luxury tents and cabins with posh furnishings and even butler service.
When hiking the red rocks of Sedona or touring the Grand Canyon in Arizona, a good place to glamp is L'Auberge de Sedona. The place offers more glam than camp - cottages by the creek have vaulted ceilings, wood-burning fireplaces, king-sized beds and spacious decks.
If you don't enjoy being completely detached from the rest of the world, you'll be pleased to know that L'Auberge de Sedona's cottages all have Wi-Fi, iPod docking stations and 42-inch LCD TVs. And you can leave the Dinty Moore and Spam at home; all cottages are just a short walk to L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek, where you'll dine under a canopy of cottonwood and sycamore trees alongside the creek. You can have Scottish Salmon for dinner and Brioche French Toast for breakfast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV