Story updated at 9:50 a.m. to reflect market activity.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Citi raised its price target for Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM) to $50 from $45 Friday, maintaining a "buy" rating.
Shares of Archer-Daniels-Midland gained 0.4% to $43.34 in morning trading.
The bank also raised its EPS estimates for the company. Analysts David Driscoll and Cornell Burnette wrote "we have increased conviction in our belief that the firm's main businesses (corn processing & oilseeds) are building positive momentum. Our full year 2014 EPS estimate is increased by 10c/sh to $3.40 and is now 20c/sh above consensus."Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "Archer-Daniels-Midland-Company is engaged in the processing of oilseeds, corn, wheat, cocoa, and other agricultural commodities. The Company manufactures protein meal, vegetable oil, corn sweeteners, flour, biodiesel, ethanol, and other value-added food and feed ingredients. The Company also has a grain elevator and transportation network to procure, store, clean, and transport agricultural commodities, such as oilseeds, corn, wheat, milo, oats, and barley, as well as processed agricultural commodities. Its operations are classified into three business segments: Oilseeds Processing, Corn Processing, and Agricultural Services. It also formed a joint venture with Princes Limited in Poland to procure, package, and sell edible oils in Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria. Effective February 11, 2014, Archer Daniels Midland Co acquired an undisclosed minority stake in Rennovia Inc. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV