DELAFIELD, Wis. (Stockpickr) -- Anyone who has traded the markets long enough knows that momentum investing cuts both ways.
Momentum is a trader's best friend when the market is soaring to the upside. Traders know that breakouts above previous resistance levels will be commonplace, and they are eager to buy strong stocks on any dip.
That being said, when the market is acting weak and the shorts are in control, momentum is also bear's best friend. What's great about momentum trading is you can count on the same stocks for high-probability setups on the way up and on the way down.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV