Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE:GVA) today named Joseph M. Mazzulo its senior vice president of business processes, a new position reporting to Granite president and chief executive officer James H. Roberts.
Mazzulo will lead Granite’s on-going effort to create a culture of continuous improvement that will ensure Granite’s viability as a leading infrastructure company in North America. He is charged with driving all aspects of business process improvement including optimizing the business from end-to-end to deliver bottom-line savings utilizing a fact based data driven approach.
“Joe brings a wealth of experience in the area of process improvement and is valuable addition to our Granite team,” said Roberts. “Over the course of his career, Joe has successfully led organizations through process improvement implementations that improve effectiveness, efficiencies as well as customer and employee satisfaction. Joe’s appointment underscores our goal to be the best in the industry by creating value through challenging all aspects of our company to improve every day.”
Prior to joining Granite, Mazzulo spent the past 17 years with Staples, Inc., having most recently served as vice president of global process excellence. Prior to that role, he led an internal consulting team focused on business development and process improvement supporting the execution and aggressive growth of Staples. In addition, Mazzulo’s background includes serving as vice president of information systems at WSR Corporation; a northeastern based auto parts retailer where he led the redesign of information infrastructure. He has also served in several senior-level leadership roles in various business areas at First National Supermarkets; formerly a New England-based supermarket chain.He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Bowling Green State University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV