SAN FRANCISCO, April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced that it has become the first cloud company to enter the top 10 in Gartner, Inc.'s worldwide software market share report entitled "Market Share: All Software Markets, Worldwide, 2013." Based on total revenue in 2013, salesforce.com also achieved the highest revenue growth among the top 10 software vendors in Gartner's report. Leading companies are transforming how they connect with customers through the power of the social, mobile and connected cloud with salesforce.com.
Comments on the News"Salesforce.com's ascension into the top 10 of Gartner's worldwide market share report comes on the heels of another year of exceptional growth as we continue to expand globally to become the new enterprise software leader," said Keith Block, president and vice chairman, salesforce.com. "Our customers fuel our success and no other software company of our size and scale is growing at this speed."
"The software market has been changing shape over the past five years, and cloud is driving the bulk of this change as software vendors acquire and provide applications and infrastructure technology to support the cloud and the Internet of Things (IoT) movement," said Joanne Correia, research vice president, Gartner.
"Investors continue to focus on revenue growth and market share gains as the primary criteria when evaluating vendors," said John Rizzuto, research vice president and Invest analyst, Gartner. "At this point, the new and emerging technology markets in software, such as digital marketing and public cloud computing, are so nascent that investors are favoring those companies that are early and aggressive in grabbing both market and mind share — in many cases dismissing progress on earnings and cash flow in hopes that they will one day follow."Welcome to the Internet of CustomersThe world is becoming completely connected. Every day, millions of new products, apps and devices—from every industry—are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things, from smartphones and wearable smart devices to jet engines and cars. And behind every product, every app and every device there is a customer. It is the Internet of Customers, and customer relationship management has never been more important. With the Salesforce1 customer platform, companies across every industry are transforming their sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. Additional Information
- For more information on Gartner, Inc.'s worldwide software market share report: http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2696317
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV