Trade-Ideas: Sony Corporation (SNE) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- SNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.9 million.
- SNE is up 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SNE: Sony Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. SNE has a PE ratio of 4.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Sony Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sony Corporation has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sony has a market cap of $20.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sony Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 468.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$72.42 million to $266.97 million.
- SNE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 28.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.54, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that SNE's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.62, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, SONY CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SONY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.87%. Regardless of SNE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.29% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts