Instinct prompted me to pick this sandwich up with my hands. But that's a bad move. The frosting from the cinnamon bun makes a serious mess. Your best choice -- manipulate the ingredient layers with a fork, as I did here, exposing the piece of art in all its finished glory:
Next a fantastic bite with intermingling of just the proper amount of each part of the whole. Every ingredient plays a role and plays it well:
A look at the second half of the sandwich -- unmolested: And the aerial view:
It's probably impossible, but if a chain could mass produce this -- exactly as is -- they would win the breakfast wars. Hands down.
UPDATED: Late Saturday afternoon, Taco Bell responded via its Twitter (TWTR) account:
@Rocco_TheStreet @TheStreet Challenge accepted. Taco Bell (@TacoBell) April 5, 2014
@TacoBell: @TheStreet Challenge accepted. You're going to make one of these!? http://t.co/6xFAB5wRtT Rocco Pendola (@Rocco_TheStreet) April 5, 2014
We'll let you know if anything transpires ... Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV