NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Adobe Systems (ADBE - Get Report) finished down 4.63% to $62.45 today after reports insiders sold their shares of the stock. Four Adobe insiders: Co-chairman Charles Geschke, CEO Shantanu Narayen, CFO Mark Garrett, and general manager David Wadhwani all sold shares this week.
Once the transaction, which took place April 1, was complete, the four insiders owned 2,502 shares of the software company reducing the stake by 85.7%.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates ADOBE SYSTEMS INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate ADOBE SYSTEMS INC (ADBE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ADBE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ADBE has a quick ratio of 1.72, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for ADOBE SYSTEMS INC is currently very high, coming in at 91.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ADBE's net profit margin of 4.70% significantly trails the industry average.
- ADBE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ADOBE SYSTEMS INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $251.67 million or 21.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ADBE Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts