By late afternoon, shares had plunged 8.2% to $4.47, negating the 8.5% gains achieved a day earlier.
On Wednesday, the fuel cell manufacturer soared on the announcement four buses had been deployed with Ballard fuel modules.
Scotland's Aberdeen City Council and Europe's fourth-largest bus manufacturer Van Hool NV launched the first four of a ten-bus fleet to be powered by Ballard technology, its 150-kilowatt FCvelocity-HD6 fuel cell."Arrival of the first buses signals a significant step forward in the Aberdeen Hydrogen Bus Project - the highest profile among a range of projects designed to create a hydrogen economy in the city and the ultimate fleet of ten buses will be Europe's largest hydrogen fuel cell bus fleet," Ballard said in a statement. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. BLDP data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV