Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Is Water-Logged And Getting Wetter Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cornerstone OnDemand as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CSOD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.4 million.
- CSOD has traded 808,684 shares today.
- CSOD traded in a range 233.9% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.22.
- CSOD traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 244 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 244 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSOD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSOD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CSOD: Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. provides cloud-based talent management solutions delivered as software-as-a-service. It offers four integrated clouds for recruiting, learning management, performance management, and extended enterprise. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Cornerstone OnDemand a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Cornerstone OnDemand has been 630,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cornerstone OnDemand has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 7.2% with 2.22 days to cover. Shares are down 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cornerstone OnDemand as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, generally high debt management risk and feeble growth in its earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.42 million to -$10.76 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.16 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, CSOD has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 2.17, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC's earnings per share declined by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC reported poor results of -$0.79 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.24 versus -$0.79).
- The gross profit margin for CORNERSTONE ONDEMAND INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.24%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -19.60% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Cornerstone OnDemand Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV