NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- FireEye Inc. (FEYE) shares are down 7.9% to $56.64 in trading Thursday.
The drop comes after the virtual security provider received a rating of "caution" from a study conducted by information security research and advisory firm NSS Labs.
The study was the firm's first ever comparative analysis of breach detection systems.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
FireEye, along with AhnLab, were given the lowest marks of the six vendors that were tested in the study.
NSS Labs tested how effectively malware could be caught by the security systems while also testing for stability and reliability based on the products price point.
The two company's that received cautionary ratings "offer limited value for money given the three-year TCO [total cost of ownership] and measured security effectiveness rating," according to the test results.
FireEye has since questioned the credibility of the test after having declined to participate in it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV