By midday, shares had plunged 19.3% to $1.55. Trading volume of 4 million shares exceeded its three-month daily average of 2.5 million.
The cardiovascular diagnostics specialist said it would offer 6.452 million shares of its common stock to the public for $1.55 a share. The underwriter will also be granted a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 967,800 shares to cover any over-allotments.
Net proceeds are expected to be approximately $8.9 million.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. In a statement, Waltham, Mass.-based BG Medicine said it anticipates using the proceeds for operations including "advancing the commercialization of its cardiovascular diagnostic tests in the United States and Europe and developing new clinical claims and indications to expand its product pipeline." Proceeds will be also used for other general corporate purposes, including capital expenditures, licensing of intellectual property, repayment of indebtedness and working capital. The public offering is expected to close around April 8, subject to customary closing conditions. Lazard Capital Markets is acting as sole book-running manager. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV