NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, says enough is enough: The momentum stocks have to bottom out.
He pointed to Duetsche Bank's reiteration of its buy rating on Solar City (SCTY). The analyst says the move from $88 to $60 is too drastic.
The stocks need to hold at current levels, he stressed, adding that investors need to see a short-term bottom in the momentum stocks.Otherwise, this selloff could "be the beginning of the end of the huge Nasdaq run that is really based on exciting technologies" rather than cheap stocks, he said. Since these companies will not report earnings anytime soon, Cramer said there are few catalysts to help on the upside. Regardless, the bulls need to make a stand and hold these levels, he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV