Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. Stock Downgraded (FSM)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.15 versus $0.25 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 276.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.47 million to -$14.93 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 2.63%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -41.04% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $16.77 million or 4.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow FORTUNA SILVER MINES INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.78%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.