Microsemi Corp Stock Upgraded (MSCC)
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 122.46% to $62.53 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MICROSEMI CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.96%.
- MSCC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.79 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that MSCC's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.19 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- MICROSEMI CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MICROSEMI CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.48 versus -$0.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.14 versus $0.48).
- The gross profit margin for MICROSEMI CORP is rather high; currently it is at 57.06%. Regardless of MSCC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MSCC's net profit margin of 0.53% is significantly lower than the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.