MEMPHIS, Tenn., April 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Houston has become the latest commercial banking region for First Tennessee Bank, which is growing in selected markets in addition to its home state of Tennessee. Long-time Houston banker Gary Olander will be the Houston market president for First Tennessee, a subsidiary of First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN). Olander has served as Texas regional president for Whitney Bank and most recently Houston CEO of Sovereign Bank. Olander, who joined First Tennessee on March 25, is building a team of top Houston bankers for First Tennessee.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=24581
First Tennessee will offer a full range of banking products for businesses, including corporate lending, treasury management, deposit services, commercial real estate, asset-based lending and private client services, with bankers specializing in medical and energy.First Tennessee bankers have built strong relationships with several large Houston businesses. "They kept telling us that Houston could use a bank like First Tennessee, where we focus on building long-term relationships with our customers by offering the service of a community bank and the products of a large bank," said David Popwell, First Horizon's banking president. "When Gary Olander decided to join us, we knew the time was right to build our banking team in the thriving Houston area." Olander, 61, earned a bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Texas, and he has spent 40 years as a banker in Houston. He has served on the boards of Rebuilding Together – Houston, Trees of Houston, the Holocaust Museum of Houston, Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church and New Spring, a nonprofit fostering economic development and stability in the largely Hispanic Spring Branch community of Houston. He is an active member of Chapelwood United Methodist Church.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV