Accenture (NYSE: ACN) and Orange Business Services, a major communications service provider that offers cloud infrastructure services, have formed an alliance to support large enterprises with their cloud strategy and the transformation of their infrastructure and applications to cloud-based models. This alliance will begin by targeting French businesses before approaching companies in other European countries where Accenture does not have existing alliances with other providers.
The alliance was formed to provide large enterprises with end-to-end cloud services that will help them to simplify the management of their IT infrastructure and increase their market flexibility, while keeping development costs under control.
Under the alliance, Accenture and Orange Business Services will collaborate to support their clients by helping large enterprises to:
- define their cloud strategy;
- transform their traditional IT infrastructure into a cloud-based model (private or public); and
- migrate and manage their applications on a cloud-based infrastructure.
Accenture will leverage its core strengths in planning, implementation and management and its broad industry expertise to help clients take advantage of cloud services to improve IT and business agility. Orange Business Services will provide enterprises with the capabilities and security of Orange’s end-to-end cloud infrastructure (IaaS) and its associated managed services."We are delighted to announce this new relationship with Accenture. Cloud transformation is not just about transferring infrastructure and applications to the cloud. Each company’s IT legacy and strategy is unique. This is why they need customized support to make the right technology choices, to define their migration processes and pace and then manage their new cloud infrastructure. This is what we are offering them through our alliance with Accenture," said Philippe Laplane, Head of Orange Cloud for Business. “Every business is a digital business, and enterprises need a game plan to use cloud computing to their advantage,” said Gary Heffernan, senior managing director, Accenture’s Communications, Media & Technology Group. “Cloud underpins mobility, analytics, big data, social media and more, and Accenture looks forward to collaborating with Orange Business Services, sharing complementary skills, assets and relationships to provide innovative, cloud-based solutions and services to large organizations.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV