Time Warner Cable Business Class (TWCBC) today announced the availability of Managed Router Services (MRS), which provides a turnkey managed solution for the provisioning, configuration, change management, monitoring and remote operations of a customer’s Internet and wide area network service(s). The MRS service, offered in partnership with Cisco, enables TWCBC to meet the increasing demand from businesses and other multi-site organizations for comprehensive managed network services.
“The growing complexity of data networks, combined with the proliferation of Internet security threats, has required businesses to spend increasing amounts of time managing their networks. Leveraging TWCBC’s expertise in managing networks, the MRS offering enables business to combine our robust portfolio of connectivity services with a fully managed router to buy a bundled managed network solution from a trusted provider,” said Greg King, senior vice president and chief product and strategy officer for Time Warner Cable Business Class. “This further demonstrates TWCBC’s commitment to provide a growing portfolio of telecom and managed services for businesses of all sizes.”
The Managed Router Services offering includes:
- TWCBC provided router(s) at the customer premise(s)
- Configuration, management, and 24/7 monitoring of the router by TWCBC
- A customer portal to view performance of the service and request service changes
- Options to bundle with Internet service, including Firewall, IPS/IDS, Remote VPN, NAT/PAT, etc.
- Options to bundle with Ethernet service, including WAN connection management, QoS tagging, VLAN management, bandwidth profile management, etc.
- Multiple router size options to meet specific customer bandwidth needs
- High Availability (HA) options for mission critical environments
“Cisco is pleased to partner with Time Warner Cable and assist it in the delivery of its managed services portfolio,” said Jeffrey Spagnola, vice president, cloud and managed services, Cisco. “Time Warner’s forward-thinking demonstrates how cable operators can evolve to offer managed services for WAN connectivity, security and other advanced technologies to their customers. By leveraging Cisco technologies and our advanced Remote Management Services, Time Warner will have the capabilities and support systems to accelerate the delivery of innovative services for their business customers.”