BOSTON, April 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock today is launching the #WeRunTogether digital mosaic to bring the extended Boston Marathon community together in the weeks leading up to the race on April 21.
The company is inviting all individuals connected to the city of Boston or the Boston Marathon – runners, volunteers, civic leaders, pro athletes, friends and fans – to contribute a photo, video or message that relates a personal story or shows support for the Boston Marathon community. Each post will become a clickable tile in a digital mosaic which will be located on the JHextramile.com blog site.
To support this effort, John Hancock announced that it will make an initial donation of $26.2K to One Fund Boston at the outset of the program, and then will donate an additional $1 for every uploaded submission, up to another $26.2K.
"The resilience, unity and optimism of the Boston Marathon community has always been strong, but this year individuals, more than ever, want to share their support and be connected to all the good that is embodied in this race," said Tom Crohan, assistant vice president and counsel, John Hancock. "We hope the stories and messages shared in the mosaic will capture the spirit and connectivity of the running community, and demonstrate that across the country and around the world, we are all on the journey together - rooting for one another."To grow the mosaic, each person who uploads a message will have the opportunity to share their participation in the experience with his or her social network encouraging them to join the #WeRunTogether community. For those running for one of the many charities involved in the Boston Marathon, a link to their CrowdRise fundraising page will be a part of their tile, making it easy for friends to support their efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV