- Energy Savings: Sears Holdings makes energy management its focus to drive operational excellence. The company continues to have success year-over-year in reducing its energy consumption. In 2013, Sears Holdings' total weather normalized source energy usage decreased by 1,005,846,559 kbtu, a reduction of 5 percent over last year. Additionally, the company reduced average weather normalized source energy intensity to 127.6 kbtu/sqft, a 3 percent reduction over 2012. This reduction of energy use intensity (EUI) was made possible through the hard work of Sears' field teams. Furthermore, the company reduced electricity usage by more than 200 million kWh, a 6.6 percent savings over the previous year.
- Product Selection: Sears Holdings has continued to develop business strategies related to ENERGY STAR products in their stores. In 2013, the company introduced new energy-efficient technology for Kenmore laundry and dishwashers, as well as the continuous development of the connected appliance/home energy management portfolio that will be introduced to the market in 2014.
- Marketing: The company continued to communicate its environmental leadership to its Shop Your Way members and customers. Several utility partners created brand pages on the Shop Your Way platform to promote ENERGY STAR and contribute to one of the corporate goals of providing a "wow" membership experience. In addition, we are the first retailer expanding our instant rebates online, allowing automatic location based rebates.
- Partnership: Sears' ability to maintain strong relationships with local utilities differentiates the company from other retailers. Through Sears Green Leadership team, it is able to capitalize on these relationships to drive traffic to its stores and generate awareness for the ENERGY STAR brand.
EPA Recognizes Sears Holdings With 2014 ENERGY STARA® Partner Of The Year - Sustained Excellence Award
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts