Update (9:37 a.m.): Updated with Thursday market open information.
The stock was up 3.23% to $79.52 at 9:36 a.m. on Thursday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- OPEN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 16.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- OPEN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, OPEN has a quick ratio of 2.43, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, OPENTABLE INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- OPENTABLE INC has improved earnings per share by 34.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OPENTABLE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.40 versus $1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.84 versus $1.40).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 38.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.46 million to $10.31 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: OPEN Ratings Report