SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY) announced today continued momentum in adoption of its CyberKnife® and TomoTherapy® Systems in Europe, India, the Middle East and Africa (EIMEA).
Accuray has expanded its installed base in the EIMEA region; Accuray radiation therapy systems have been used to treat more than 45,000 patients in EIMEA, further positioning the company as a global leader in precise, innovative radiation oncology.
The World Health Organization (WHO) World Cancer Report 2014 revealed that the cancer burden is growing at an alarming pace, with the number of annual new cancer cases expected to reach 22 million by 2035, a substantial increase from the current rate of 14 million new cases per year.
Europe is a region showing consistent and sustained growth for Accuray, with a high number of treatment centers that have two CyberKnife Systems at the same location, including Erasmus MC - Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center ( Rotterdam, Netherlands), Ospedale Civile San Bortolo (Vicenza, Italy) and Centro Diagnostico Italiano (CDI) ( Milan, Italy) as examples. Centers with at least one CyberKnife and one TomoTherapy System are also growing, including Oscar Lambret Cancer Center ( Lille, France), Antoine Lacassagne Cancer Center ( Nice, France), Leon Berard Cancer Center ( Lyon, France), Francois Baclesse Cancer Center (Caen, France), Charite University Hospital ( Berlin, Germany) and Gliwice University Hospital (Gliwice, Poland) as examples.Additional 2013 EIMEA growth highlights include:
- The first CyberKnife® M6™ Series installations in France in the public and private sectors (Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes, and Centre Hartmann, Levallois-Perret)
- The first CyberKnife M6 Series installation in Luxembourg
- The first CyberKnife System installation in Ireland
- The first TomoTherapy® H™ Series installation in Sri Lanka
- The first TomoTherapy installation in Greece (Iatropolis) making it the only center country-wide to offer both CyberKnife and TomoTherapy treatment
- The first TomoTherapy System installation in Russia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV