Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) today announced the ten finalists for its “Make Your Idea Happen” Contest, a competition where entrepreneurs shared their big ideas for a chance to receive all the products they need to bring their business to life.
Staples received more than 16,000 entries from entrepreneurs looking to “make more happen.” Entries covered an enormous range of creative ideas for businesses and community-service organizations.
Consumer voting will help determine the top three winners: Grand Prize, 1 st Place Prize and 2 nd Place Prize. Voting is open to the public from April 3 through April 16 on the Staples Make Your Idea Happen Contest website or Facebook tab. Consumers can cast one vote per day and all voters will be entered to win one of three $100 Staples gift cards.
The “Make Your Idea Happen” Contest finalists are:
- Little Hat Workshop: Andrea Leiser, Little Hat Workshop - Mystic, Conn.
- A hat and accessories store that creates hats for people with cancer.
- Yoga to Go: Barbara Davison - Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- A yoga teacher who plans to bring classes directly to her students, from corporate offices to private homes.
- My Travel Tutor: Penny Banner - Boise, Idaho
- A tutoring company that specializes in connecting children from hospital rooms to their classrooms.
- A Shelter for Rainbow Rescues: Maria O’Brien - Granville, Mass.
- A pet rescue organization that aids foster dogs who need emotional care.
- McClary Bros. Shrub Sodas: Jessica McClary - Detroit, Mich.
- A beverage producer that handcrafts colonial-era, organic beverages.
- Lansing Roller Derby Vixens: Ryan Knott - Lansing, Mich.
- A flat-track, women’s roller derby league that’s looking to revitalize the city of Lansing.
- Love Delivered from Home: Molly Ziske - St. Clair Shores, Mich.
- A mom who creates care packages that can be ordered for college students.
- H&L Maker Kamp: Sean Hennington, Aric Loomis, Michael Slack - Ruidoso, New M.
- A company looking to start an afterschool program where high school students can learn the basics of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- When Pigs Fly: Lisa Hiler - Norwalk, Ohio
- A retail store that generates donations to help aid struggling families affected by a terminal illness.
- Bike Shop with Coffee Shop: Carolyn Weber and Tristan Klein - Milwaukee, Wis.
- A bike store that plans to open a coffee shop to enhance the biking community in downtown Milwaukee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV