Vision-Sciences' EndoSheath ® Technology Offers a Solution
- Reprocessing conventional flexible endoscopes is "time consuming, labor intensive, expensive and, most importantly, susceptible to failure."
- Due to "limited surveillance, limited reporting, and lack of immediate clinical symptoms of patients," experts agree that cross-contamination is significantly under-reported.
- Infections "resulting from scope contamination breaks the trust between patients and doctors and places a financial burden on healthcare institutions."
- Research shows that using EndoSheath Technology and its simplified cleaning and disinfection procedure offers "a vast improvement over current decontamination procedures."
- EndoSheath Technology eliminates "unreliable and cumbersome reprocessing" of conventional endoscopes by condensing the protocol into just a few steps, and "reduces reprocessing time by up to 31 minutes."
- Due to its design, EndoSheath Technology is "more cost effective, reduces repair costs, and decreases investment in multiple scopes that are out of operation while being cleaned."