CHICAGO, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- HomeFinder.com, a leading digital real estate site, compiled the top kitchen, bathroom, living room and backyard remodeling tips to increase a home's value and help homeowners make the most out of their renovation budgets. It is important that homeowners understand how renovation relates to home valuation, whether it is updating a newly purchased home, or remodeling to get a house ready to sell.
Below are four home remodeling tips; the full list of tips can be accessed here : http://blog.homefinder.com/2014/03/25/room-by-room-remodeling-tips-to-increase-home-value/
1.) Maximize space in the kitchen : Homeowners can gain space during a renovation by extending cabinets up to the ceiling, or turning an awkward unused space into a food prep corner.
2.) Develop a bathroom design plan: The layout and functionality of a new bathroom should be determined by who will be using it the most.
- Kids bathroom: A double sink will help mornings and bedtime go faster, a pullout stepstool built in to the vanity so little ones can reach the sink, and no-slip tile to avoid any bath time slips.
- Master ensuite: Add a spa-like quality to a master bath with a heated marble floor (the small space will keep the cost down), a walk-in shower, and plenty of natural light.
- Guest bath: Incorporate extra shelving so guests have a place to store items without feeling intrusive. Built-in shower shelves and a vessel sink will allow for more under vanity storage space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV