This 'Rigged Market' Just Keeps Making You Money: StockTwits
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We're gonna keep today's wrap short and sweet, because the chart at the bottom is all that matters.
Traditional media outlets and everyone else continue to offer ad nauseum opinions about high-frequency trading -- not thoughts on whether or not the markets are rigged, but on how rigged they are and how badly we're all getting screwed.
The stock market just keeps chugging higher, making money for buy-and-hold investors everywhere (otherwise known as "Main Street").
Excuse us as we shed no tears for the largest institutions -- many of which invested in high-frequency trading operations after noticing that their traditional source of skim (commissions) has been trending mercilessly towards zero.Please carry on as you were, offering us little guys minute price improvements on our trades and otherwise not affecting much of us at all.
Chart of Day = $SPX New High Close on a breakout in breadth (Adv/Dec & Up/Down Vol) http://stks.co/r0AgT -- 361 Capital (@361Capital) Apr. 2 at 02:46 PMAt the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV