Target announces plans to serve guests at its new store in Westwood, Mass., opening in March 2015.
A Destination for Everyday Discovery
- The store will be located on University Avenue, between Route 129 and Canton Street, as part of the new University Station development
- The approximately 135,000 square foot location will include fresh food offerings
- The new store will employ approximately 200 team members
- This will be the 26th Target store in the Boston area.
The Westwood location will provide guests a destination for everyday discovery by offering a wide assortment including food, household essentials, home furnishings, electronics, sporting goods, toys and apparel and accessories. As a one-stop shopping solution for guests, the store will also feature a Starbucks, Target Pharmacy and Target Optical.
A Great Place to Work
Target prides itself on being a great place to work and offers a dynamic, team-oriented culture focused on delivering excellent guest service. Interested candidates may begin applying approximately three months prior to the store opening date, in any of the following ways:
A Legacy of Giving and Service
- Online at Target.com/careers
- At kiosks located in all Target stores open across the country
- At a local job fair held prior to the store opening date
With each new store Target builds, the company brings its legacy of giving to the local community through the programs and partnerships it supports. The Westwood Target store and its team members will:
- Create and maintain grant and GiftCard donation programs to local organizations
- Contribute to the United Way
- Donate to a Feeding America member, or approved agency
- Volunteer their time to serve the needs of the Westwood community
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) serves guests at 1,924 stores – 1,797 in the United States and 127 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit
For more information, visit