MONDOVI, Wis., April 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Marten Transport, Ltd. (Nasdaq:MRTN) announced today that the company has again been named one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in the annual survey recently commissioned by Forbes magazine.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Randolph L. Marten said, "We are pleased to be one of only four companies to be named to this prestigious list for the fourth time in the last five years surveyed. It is an honor to have our continued commitment to integrity recognized."
GMI Ratings compiled the list for Forbes by evaluating more than 8,000 U.S. exchange-listed companies with market capitalizations of at least $250 million and recognized the 100 companies with the top Accounting and Governance Risk scores, which assess the integrity, transparency and reliability of companies' financial reporting and governance practices.Marten Transport, with headquarters in Mondovi, Wis., is one of the leading temperature-sensitive truckload carriers in the United States. Marten specializes in transporting and distributing food and other consumer-packaged goods that require a temperature-controlled or insulated environment. Marten offers service in the United States, Canada and Mexico, concentrating on expedited movements for high-volume customers. Marten's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol MRTN.
CONTACT: Tim Kohl, President Jim Hinnendael, Chief Financial Officer Marten Transport, Ltd. 715-926-4216
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV