Mattel brings new style and attitude to active play with
, a ground-breaking innovation in blaster technology. Only BOOMco.™ uses Smart Stick™, a cutting-edge dart and target system that’s paired with amped-up blasters to bring kids the ultimate in high-energy play. Celebrating its global launch, product is now available in select markets including UK, France, and Benelux. International market rollouts will continue over the next few months with a North America debut in July timed to the active outdoor summer play season.
BOOMco.™ Rapid Madness™ (Photo: Business Wire)
“Utilizing innovative Smart Stick darts, targets and shields, BOOMco. gives kids a revolutionary new blaster experience that challenges them to get outside and play,” said Doug Wadleigh, Senior Vice President, Global Brands Marketing, Boys and Entertainment for Mattel. “The Smart Stick system combined with high performance BOOMco. blasters enable kids to create almost limitless new ways to play, in a world where imagination meets action.”
HAVEABLAST™ with BOOMco.™
BOOMco.™ brings friends together through fast-paced play and competition that’s perfect year-round. Whether it’s a heart pounding pursuit challenge or an ultimate blaster tournament, BOOMco.™ amps up action at every turn:
- The Smart Stick™ System—Smart Stick™ adhesive technology enables darts to only bond to Smart Stick ™ surfaces—nothing else:
- Darts: Smart Stick™ darts work with all BOOMco.™ blasters and feature anti-jamming properties along with a strong durable construction that keeps darts straight
- Targets: BOOMco.™ targets are simple to mount and feature loud graphics so kids can easily see if they’ve nailed their shot
- Shielded Defense: Deflect and collect opponents’ darts and keep playing with integrated Smart Stick™ blaster shields that easily retract or can be removed
- Action-Sports Attitude—Epic blasters, darts and dynamic graphics make BOOMco.™ the perfect choice for stimulating the senses with a break-loose-and-play attitude
Take aim, take charge and get in the action! BOOMco.™ blasters feature exciting air blast performance that’s 100% kid-powered in an easy to use, adrenaline-inspired design:
- BOOMco.™ Twisted Spinner™: Boasts an impressive 310° rotating barrel with the ability to blast darts up to 70 feet. The blasters fast-acting, push-button transformable shields incorporate Smart Stick™ technology allowing players to efficiently capture opponents’ darts. Removable shields create heightened challenge and the included 8 Smart Stick™ darts and Smart Stick™ target make the heat of play just a blast away. Recommended for ages 6 and older.
- BOOMco.™ Rapid Madness™: This air-powered blaster can fling 20 Smart Stick™ darts in just seconds. With the capability of blasting up to 50 feet the BOOMco. ™ Rapid Madness ™ is the perfect companion for fast action, adrenaline-fueled competition. The blaster includes a quick push-button, removable transforming Smart Stick™ shield for the fun catch and defense of darts. Includes 30 darts and is recommended for ages 6 and older.
BOOMco.™ will be supported by a strong digital presence where fans can continue to engage and interact on popular platforms. For captivating thrills the BOOMco.™
channel offers pulse-pounding content such as blaster-in-action videos, cool behind-the-scenes footage, and more. The BOOMco.™
account will feature epic blaster photos and other visual play inspirations. Additionally, BOOMco.™ will be issuing monthly challenges to fans that will show fun ways to play with the new blasters. BOOMco.™ mobile apps released later this year will feature exciting gaming options and the ability to record and edit favorite action moments. Visit
for updates on availability.
The Mattel family of companies (Nasdaq: MAT) is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of toys and family products. Mattel’s portfolio of best-selling brands includes Barbie®, the most popular fashion doll ever produced, Hot Wheels®, Monster High®, American Girl®, Thomas & Friends® and Fisher-Price® brands, including Little People® and Power Wheels®, as well as a wide array of entertainment-inspired toy lines. In 2013, Mattel was named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by Ethisphere Magazine and is also ranked No. 2 on Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. With worldwide headquarters in El Segundo, Calif., Mattel’s companies employ nearly 30,000 people in 40 countries and territories and sell products in more than 150 nations. At Mattel, we are Creating the Future of Play. Visit us at