NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says MannKind (MNKD) is difficult to gauge because many people felt its inhaled insulin drug Afrezza would fail. As a result, 28% of the float was short and any positive news would send the stock upward.
Cramer says some believe the stock will go down again almost immediately. On the other hand, those who believe in the drug say this is the beginning of a major move for the stock because Mannkind has already spent so much money trying to get Afrezza developed.
Cramer remains "completely neutral" on this because "sometimes it's just better to admit that you don't know where something's going."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV