NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- ADP announced Wednesday that U.S. businesses added 191,000 jobs in March. TheStreet's Jim Cramer says this is a tough number to figure out because it shows a "mixed picture."
Autos have been strong, which is always a major driver for the market, but mortgage numbers are down and housing may not be a big driver. Retail, meanwhile, was slow out of the gate but got stronger. Cramer says this number could be one that gets better during the month but ends up appearing average, which he says is fine.
Cramer wants to see interest rates increase slightly to help the banks but otherwise he expects the number to be in line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV