Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The market is full of opportunities, Jim Cramer said on Mad Money Thursday. Even though the high-frequency "pickpockets" might shave a few pennies from your trade, Cramer said that doesn't mean you shouldn't invest.
Case in point, seed giant Monsanto (MON). Last week, Cramer suggested investors buy Monsanto right after it reported earnings because the stock has a history of selling off on the news. Wednesday, like clockwork, Monsanto released its earnings, shares dipped and investors could have made a few dollars a share in a single day.
Thursday, Monsanto caught an upgrade, adding another 2.6% to investors' very predictable winnings.Cramer said if a company's CEO is bankable, there's no reason to buy shares when the market puts them on sale. Last quarter, both PPG (PPG) and Eaton (ETN), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, were beaten down by the markets only to bounce back in short order. This quarter, Cramer liked both PVH Corp (PVH) and Nike (NKE), another Action Alerts PLUS holding. He said both these stocks represent real opportunities, ones that can certainly overcome any high-frequency inequities.
Executive Decision: Bob BenmoscheFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Bob Benmosche, president and CEO of American International Group (AIG), the insurance giant that's had a 59% run since Cramer last checked in 17 months ago. Benmosche said it will take some time for regulators to get AIG's stress testing tuned in, but so far the company has been able to buy back a little stock and institute a small dividend. It's also once again returning capital to shareholders. More important, Benmosche said AIG continues to do right by its customers and pay claims. He said homeowners affected by Superstorm Sandy were very happy they had AIG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV