Apollo Education Group (APOL) Shows Signs Of Being Water-Logged And Getting Wetter
- APOL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.0 million.
- APOL has traded 4.7 million shares today.
- APOL traded in a range 209.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.94.
- APOL traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 46 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 46 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APOL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APOL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APOL: Apollo Education Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides online and on-campus educational programs and services at the undergraduate, master's, and doctoral levels. APOL has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Apollo Education Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Apollo Education Group has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apollo Education Group has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 13% with 7.33 days to cover. Shares are up 25.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apollo Education Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, APOL's share price has jumped by 86.42%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- APOL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, APOL has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for APOLLO EDUCATION GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.33%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.54% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $128.90 million or 38.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 38.65%, APOLLO EDUCATION GROUP INC is still significantly exceeding the industry average of -131.98%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Consumer Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 25.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $133.50 million to $98.89 million.
- You can view the full Apollo Education Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.