SEATTLE, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] announced the launch of the Boeing Business Jet (BBJ) MAX family of airplanes after receiving the first order from an undisclosed customer. The order is for a BBJ MAX 8, which is based on the 737 MAX 8 and the newest business jet to join the BBJ family.
"We are honored that an existing BBJ customer has become the first to select the BBJ MAX," said Capt. Steve Taylor, president, Boeing Business Jets. "The BBJ MAX provides more room, longer range and emits fewer emissions than its nearest competition, making it an ideal choice for today's BBJ customers."
BBJ is the market leader in the large cabin, ultra-long-range business jet market and the new BBJ MAX will extend that advantage.
With new CFM International LEAP-1B engines and other aerodynamic improvements including Advanced Technology winglets, the 737 MAX will provide a 14 percent fuel-use improvement compared to today's most efficient single-aisle airplanes. The fuel-use improvement is even greater at longer ranges typically flown by BBJ customers.The BBJ MAX 8 will have a range of 6,325 nautical miles (11,713 km), an increase of more than 800 nautical miles (1,482 km) over the BBJ2. It will share the same cabin size with today's BBJ2, offering customers a 19-foot (5.8 meter) longer cabin and three times the cargo space of today's BBJ, while improving on its market-leading range capability and maintaining the BBJ advantages of lower cabin altitude, unmatched reliability and outstanding product support around the globe. The BBJ continues to be the leading choice for businesses, corporations and private owners. The new BBJ family also will include the BBJ MAX 9, based on the 737 MAX 9, and is expected to offer a 6,255 nautical mile (11,584 km) range with an even larger cabin than the BBJ MAX 8. Plans for a BBJ MAX 7 are still being studied.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV