NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Envivio
(ENVI) shares are up 16.4% to $3.84 in early market trading Wednesday.
The rise comes following yesterday's announcement that the company had reached a deal to provide premium live HD sports broadcast for a European Tier 1 service provider on AppleTV (AAPL).
The company showcased the live service at the TV Connect exhibition in London.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ENVIVIO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ENVIVIO INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -16.34% is in-line with the industry average.
- ENVI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.14, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- This stock has increased by 68.30% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ENVI do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- ENVIVIO INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ENVIVIO INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.46 versus -$0.63 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.28 versus -$0.46).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ENVI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts