Stock To Watch: Arrowhead Research Corporation (ARWR) In Perilous Reversal
- ARWR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $49.8 million.
- ARWR has traded 78,487 shares today.
- ARWR is down 3.4% today.
- ARWR was up 11.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARWR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARWR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARWR: Arrowhead Research Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, develops targeted RNAi therapeutics in the United States. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Arrowhead Research Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Arrowhead Research Corporation has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Arrowhead Research has a market cap of $708.0 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.67 and a short float of 8.7% with 0.78 days to cover. Shares are up 51.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Arrowhead Research Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 130.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.61 million to -$10.63 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.02 million or 83.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ARWR, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 72.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- ARWR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 8.40, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Arrowhead Research Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts