FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoNation, Inc. (NYSE: AN), America's largest automotive retailer, today announced that its total retail new vehicle unit sales in March 2014, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, were 28,796, an increase of 6% as compared to March 2013. Same-store retail new vehicle unit sales in March 2014 were 28,158, an increase of 4% as compared to March 2013. Total retail new vehicle unit sales for AutoNation's operating segments in March 2014 were as follows:
- 9,233 for Domestic, up 9% versus March 2013,
- 14,183 for Import, up 3% versus March 2013, and
- 5,380 for Premium Luxury, up 8% versus March 2013.
Total retail new vehicle unit sales in the first quarter of 2014, as reported to the applicable automotive manufacturers, were 70,217, an increase of 4% as compared to the first quarter of 2013. Same-store retail new vehicle unit sales in the first quarter of 2014 were 68,682, an increase of 2% compared to the first quarter of 2013. Total retail new vehicle unit sales for AutoNation's operating segments in the first quarter of 2014 were as follows:
- 22,068 for Domestic, up 4% versus first quarter of 2013,
- 34,651 for Import, up 3% versus first quarter of 2013, and
- 13,498 for Premium Luxury, up 5% versus first quarter of 2013.
AutoNation expects to report April 2014 retail new vehicle unit sales on Friday, May 2, 2014.(1) As compared to prior total retail new vehicle unit sales recorded in accordance with GAAP on a continuing operations basis.
The information provided in this news release is based on sales reports provided by our stores to the applicable automotive manufacturers and is provided on a continuing operations basis. These reports are prepared based on the standards established by the applicable automotive manufacturers, which differ from GAAP revenue recognition and other requirements and are based on the time periods set by the automotive manufacturers for reporting monthly sales (which generally differ from the calendar month). As a result, our operating results calculated and presented in accordance with GAAP, including our new vehicle unit sales, may differ materially from any results expressed or implied by the information provided in our monthly sales reports and summarized in this news release and future news releases. In addition, new vehicle unit sales are subject to seasonal trends. Consequently, new vehicle unit sales for a particular month are not necessarily indicative of results to be expected for a full quarter or year. Please refer to our public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including without limitation our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013 and our subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K, for additional information regarding our operations. Investors should not assume that our disclosure of the information in this news release means that we have determined that such information is material to the Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV