SAN DIEGO, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) announced that Player Studio support will begin for Landmark on or before May 1, 2014. As part of the rollout, for the first time ever, Player Studio creators in select regions outside of the United States will be able to submit in-game items across all Player Studio-supported games.
Player Studio offers enterprising gamers and creators the opportunity to create items that can be sold in the in-game marketplaces of their favorite SOE games and share in revenue generated by those sales. Previously, participation in Player Studio required that creators be based in the United States and skilled at creating items in 3D modeling software. With Landmark, SOE opens the door for many more players around the world to participate as they can build directly within the game itself, using Landmark's powerful and flexible toolset.
Creators in Landmark can save any of their creations – a fantastic castle, a sleek alien space ship, or whatever they imagine – directly to a template that, upon approval, can be sold within Player Studio. For players who dream of making a name for themselves as designers and creators, there is an opportunity for fame and fortune as they build their reputation within the community.
" Landmark offers powerful and intuitive tools that enable players to build just about anything they can imagine," said Dave Georgeson, Director of Development, EverQuest franchise. "Players who choose to participate will be able to make meaningful royalties by building in and playing the game they love. Our vision is that some prolific and talented creators will turn this into a full-time career."While the launch of Player Studio in Landmark has the potential to dramatically increase, by an order of magnitude, the number of players able to participate in the program, SOE is already seeing extensive participation from players in Player Studio as it currently exists in EverQuest, EverQuest II and PlanetSide 2. Player Studio Quick Facts:
- Nearly 5,000 submissions have been submitted to SOE's Player Studio program as of March 2014.
- Players can currently create items across 17 different item categories in EverQuest, EverQuest II and PlanetSide 2. SOE is adding 18 more categories across all participating Player Studio games in the coming months.
- In PlanetSide 2 alone, Player Studio items represented more than 10 percent of total in-game item sales in January and February, and 35 percent of all cosmetic item sales.
- SOE players and creators are already making thousands of dollars in royalties from items they create in the program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV