Praxair, Inc. (NYSE:PX) announced today that it has acquired Lake Welding Supply Company, Inc. (Lake), one of the largest independent gas and welding products distributors in western Michigan. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Lake, with 2013 annual sales of more than $20 million, is a long-time distributor of Praxair gases. Formed in 1953, the company’s headquarters and primary cylinder filling plant are located in Muskegon, Michigan, with additional retail stores in Holland, Ferrysburg and Manistee.
“Praxair has been an outstanding business partner for many years,” said Tom Lesneski, president of Lake Welding. “The entire Lake Welding team is excited to offer Praxair’s complete line of offerings to our valued customers.”
“Praxair supplies industrial gases to steel, manufacturing, automotive, food and beverage and other industries throughout Michigan and Lake is one of the finest distributors in the state,” said Praxair Distribution, Inc. President Scott Kaltrider. “We’re excited to welcome the Lake team to Praxair Distribution and look forward to working together to serve the area’s packaged gas customers.”About Praxair Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 250 company with 2013 sales of $12 billion, is the largest industrial gases company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV