NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) price target was increased to $24 from $20 by Goldman Sachs (GS) on Wednesday. The firm also reiterated their "buy" rating for the company.
GT Advanced Technologies is up 4.4% to $18.15 in premarket trading this morning.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
GT Advanced Technologies recent deal with Apple (AAPL) was the reason for the price target increase.
"We believe investor focus on GTAT's Apple opportunity - a key part of our thesis - is well deserved, but has created a dynamic in which the company's 'core' equipment segment is underappreciated. We continue to see a next-gen iPhone worth $15/share alone in a base-case with an upside case of over $25." Goldman Sachs said.
Apple signed a $578 million deal with the company in November that made the independent electronic device parts manufacturer the sapphire glass producer for Apple's yet to be released iPhone 6.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV