The Wisconsin State Fair and the Wisconsin State Fair Park Foundation today announced they will continue their partnership with Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) through Kohl’s Cares, the company’s philanthropic platform. The renewed partnership will result in the fourth annual Kohl’s Family Value Day on Monday, August 4, which provides discounted admission to fairgoers, the launch of the new Kohl’s Activity Zone and the return of “Fair Day” at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
“Kohl’s is proud to help provide great value to Wisconsin families who attend the Fair on Kohl’s Family Value Day, just as we provide value to our customers every day in our stores,” said Michelle Gass, chief customer officer. “We are thrilled to open Kohl’s Activity Zone and are excited to provide even more local families access to hands-on, educational programs from premier organizations in Milwaukee.”
During Kohl’s Family Value Day, ALL Fairgoers will be eligible for discounted Fair admission from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Adults will receive admission for $5 (a 50 percent savings), and youth 11 and under will receive FREE admission (a $6 savings). New this year, the Fair will open the Kohl’s Activity Zone, a unique youth entertainment area that features fun and interactive activities for the entire family. Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., the Kohl’s Activity Zone will be located on South Grandstand Avenue and includes the following attractions:
- Kohl’s Color Wheels, an art-making experience presented by the Milwaukee Art Museum;
- Kohl’s Design It! Mobile Lab, a joint venture with Discovery World to help children create unique, hands-on projects;
- Kohl’s Wild Theater, provides conservation-based theatrical performances in collaboration with the Milwaukee County Zoo and Zoological Society of Milwaukee;
- Kohl’s Grow Safe & Healthy Program, an educational display teaching children and families how to keep safe and healthy with help from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin;
- Kohl’s Building Blocks Program, a partnership with Penfield Children’s Center to provide developmental services and equipment for children of all abilities.
“We’re thrilled for the opportunity to take our relationship with Kohl’s Cares to the next level with the Kohl’s Activity Zone by offering even more interactive family-friendly exhibits and educational activities for our Fair guests,” said Rick Frenette, CEO of Wisconsin State Fair Park. “Our partnership with Kohl’s Cares is extremely appreciated and allows us to offer a remarkable value to Fairgoers on Kohl’s Family Value Day. Kohl’s Cares truly makes a difference for many families who visit the Fair, and we look forward to continuing the partnership for the fourth consecutive year.”