Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based talent management software solutions, and Ellucian, a leading software and services provider for the higher education community, have seen strong momentum in their relationship since aligning in 2009, the two companies announced today.
Cornerstone and Ellucian have collaborated to help many leading colleges and universities – such as Alamo Colleges, Brandman University, Bucknell University and Drexel University – successfully transform their HR and employee management and development initiatives through use of the Ellucian Talent Management Suite, powered by Cornerstone OnDemand, and an integration with Banner Human Resources, an Ellucian solution for core HR activities. Together, Cornerstone and Ellucian bring an unparalleled knowledge base in supporting the unique human capital management needs of higher education institutions, offering solutions that position each organization for immediate success.
The Ellucian Talent Management Suite, developed in-house by Cornerstone, enables higher education institutions to leverage the cloud for meeting the challenges they face in empowering and maximizing the productivity of their people. Leading institutions use the unified human capital management solution to source and recruit top talent, align employee training and performance with institution goals and compliance requirements, deliver targeted training to close skills gaps, identify key performers, and develop future leaders. The suite includes applications for recruiting, learning and development, performance management, succession planning, compensation management, and social collaboration.
Banner Human Resources, the Ellucian solution for housing and managing core HR processes related to employee information, payroll and budgeting, integrates with the Talent Management Suite. Used together, higher education HR teams are able to seamlessly share data between the two solutions for syncing learning and talent management data with core HR information in real time.Addressing the Unique Talent Challenges of Higher Education Several institutions are benefiting from a unified approach to talent management, transforming what was once a manual, administrative process in their organizations into a strategic activity that aligns each institution’s vision with its overall people performance. Examples include:
- Alamo Colleges, consisting of five colleges that serve south-central Texas, gains a more comprehensive view of its more than 4,500 employees using the Talent Management Suite and Banner HR integration, enabling its talent team to identify and assign training and development opportunities on a targeted or district-wide basis.
- Brandman University, a member of the Chapman University System and provider of award-winning online programs, offers development opportunities to 2,000 of its employees, faculty and adjunct staff for identifying and cultivating future leaders and ensuring top performance.
- Bucknell University, the nation's largest private liberal arts university, gains visibility into the training and performance management needs of 1,300 faculty and staff using the Ellucian Talent Management Suite, allowing its HR team to streamline compliance management and drive engagement with professional development opportunities.
- Drexel University, a top-ranked global research university, provides a one-stop-shop for learning and development to its 4,700 employees, complete with management certificate programs developed in-house. Drexel plans to integrate performance, learning and recruiting to capture the entire employee lifecycle for even stronger succession planning, employee engagement and retention.
- “Using the suite has allowed us to consolidate our talent management initiatives from eight disparate systems down to one unified solution,” said Hope Galvan, director of organizational development, learning and talent management for Alamo Colleges. “The ability to access and deliver training across the district has significantly increased staff awareness and participation while saving our team countless hours and dollars due to more efficient processes.”
- “At Brandman, one of our top priorities is to ensure our employees have access to the right information and resources at the right times so that they can better collaborate and drive our organizational goals,” said Vanessa Settle, director of learning and development for Brandman University. “Employees view the Cornerstone system, Ellucian Talent Management Suite, as a meaningful application that truly helps them to grow and thrive in their roles.”
- “Through using the Talent Management Suite, our teams have begun to take ownership of learning and development on a departmental level,” said Marcia K. Hoffman, executive director of human resources for Bucknell University. “As a result, we can more easily identify training needs of our new hires and existing staff based on their role within the university. And, having learning and performance together in one place provides us with the opportunity to sync staff goals with the institution's objectives so staff members have a clear understanding of their impact.”
- “Our employees are eager for more development opportunities, so they really appreciate the system’s convenience and ease of use,” said Suzanne Noll, director of learning and development at Drexel University. “Having learning and performance integrated together in real time also allows our talent management team to tap into the potential of our entire workforce, further strengthening our agility as an organization and capacity to meet the evolving needs of our people.”
- “In their quest to ensure the right people are in the right roles at the right time, higher education institutions are finding that an integrated approach to talent management just makes sense,” said Dave Mortell, vice president of channel management for Cornerstone OnDemand. “Teaming with Ellucian further expands the availability of our technology for helping higher education institutions achieve their goals for developing and retaining high quality faculty and staff.”
- “With deep expertise in the human capital management challenges facing today’s higher education leaders, we are thrilled to offer Cornerstone’s award-winning technology now more than ever,” said Mark Jones, senior vice president and chief product officer for Ellucian. “The Ellucian Talent Management Suite is powerful and intuitive, and it offers incredible flexibility for delivering on the strategic people needs of the organization.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts