NEW YORK, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD), the leading source of health information, today released Marijuana on Main Street , a special report that provides an in-depth look at the debate over medical marijuana. As numerous states consider bills to legalize medical marijuana, WebMD surveyed nearly 3,000 consumers and Medscape surveyed more than 1,500 doctors about their attitudes regarding legalization, marijuana as a potential treatment option, and the perceived risks and benefits of its use to help shed light on this evolving issue.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/7040258-webmd-medscape-medical-marijuana-report
The Marijuana on Main Street special report includes full survey findings, analysis, expert commentary and patient stories.
"Despite more than 20 years of anecdotal evidence about the medicinal effects of marijuana, doctors and consumers remain in search of answers," says Dr. Michael Smith, Chief Medical Editor, WebMD. "The findings of our consumer-physician survey indicate the medical community's support for the use of marijuana as a treatment option, particularly among clinical specialties that have pioneered research. Yet these survey data suggest additional studies will inform decision-makers' confidence in where medical marijuana can help and where it might not."PHYSICIAN OPINIONS ON LEGALIZATION Amid ongoing debate of whether medical marijuana should be legalized nationally, the Medscape survey finds that overall, 56% of respondents are in favor of national legalization. Peer-review data on marijuana's health benefits remain limited.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV